Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Investing
Finance Discussion Forum

What should I invest my money in?
Hey, I just turned 19 and have been working since i was 16, i have worked my way up to becoming a manager at my work, so i make decent money, i am also a full time student and paying my way through ...

i want to make some investment in mutual funds( like Rs 5000/month) please suggest which fund will be best?

Is my portfolio diversified?
I have invested in about 12 funds based on realty, small cap, large cap, etc. Examination of the correlations between funds shows that there are two classes of investments, and the two classes ...

Are U.S. coal stocks overvalued after their recent run-up?
BTU, ACI, CNX, MEE .......

http://finance.yahoo.com...

I have 5000 dollars how should i invest it?
I am 16 and i saved 5000 dollars. How should i invest my money?...

ISO certificate Procedure?
Hi

How to get an ISO certificate for my Organzation
Eligibility for the same
Cost
Duration

I am in Bangalore, South India

With Regards

A...

How to automatically buy stock when the price drops below a certain point?
How do you automatically buy stock when it drops a certain price?
The past few days stocks have gone up a lot and I believe some are overpriced. I think a few of the ones I want will go down in ...

Seeking some investment knowledge?
Can anyone give some insight on how to start investing in commodities and futures?...

free stock split calendar?
Respected Everyone,

I am looking for any website which publishes the stock split announcement calendar as quick as possible...
Please,Kindly write me if you any site that provides ...

What is the easiest way to get rich?
not looking for instant gratification, but rather a zero risk approach!...

Are shares of Bucyrus International Inc. (BUCY) a good buy at present levels?
Bucyrus International, Inc. engages in designing, manufacturing, and marketing draglines, electric mining shovels, and rotary blast-hole drills used for surface mining. It also provides aftermarket ...

With the economy being the way it is, what kinds of funds should I be investing in my 401k?
I was making -1% when I first invested (losing money). I reallocated everything and now I'm making -3% (losing more money). I vaguely remember in Finance which types of funds to invest in in ...

What are good allocation percentages for a young person's 401k?
I'm 23, and unsure of where to put my 401k money.

What percentages should I put into the various types of funds (i.e. Large-Cap Growth, Small-Cap Growth, Large-Cap Value, I...

Is Weatherford International Ltd. (WFT) a good buy in the energy sector?
http://finance.yahoo.com...

What does it mean to 'short' a stock? Or to 'long' a stock?

Is it smart to start a 401k at this time in our economy?
Im 21 and I want to start a 401k. Is it smart to start a 401k right now or is it better to invest in other things such as a starting a business? How much should i contibute (Im single, no kids, in ...

If I have some money to invest...?
Let's say I invest 10K.

What would you say is...

a. The safest investment
b. The investment with the highest returns.
c. The happy medium between a and ...

Predictions on Visa stock price long-term?
I think Visa (V) will be a great long-term investment. Where do you guys predict the stock price of V to be in 2-3 years?...

How do dividend payouts work?
I'm a total newbie at this stuff, but suppose I invested $1,000 for example in 100 ($10 per share) stock of company X. I know that dividends are when the company pays a percentage of the profits ...

Is investing in real estate in other countries as big as it is here in the United States?

Sister Margaret
Do you think that immigration has anything to do with the fall of the stock market?
Anti-immigration sentiment was codified in a series of measures, culminating in the Immigration Quota Law of 1924 and a 1929 act. These laws limited the annual number of immigrants to 150,000, to be distributed among peoples of various nationalities in proportion to the number of their compatriots already in the United States in 1920. One result of these restrictions was to reduce the appeal of nativist organizations; the Great Depression of the 1930s also caused a sharp drop in immigration.

Now that the US is not doing well, will we see a drop in immigration? We did after the 1929 Crash.

Almost a quarter of all new homeowners 10 years ago never even made their first mortgage payment. Many refinanced. Sometimes many times at once and returned to their homeland with more money to live comfortably for life.

Happy Enzyme
Up until the current stock market melt down there was a surge of foreign stock brokers immigrating into our country. Many pretended to be gardeners and landscapers.

LibertyX
I assure you that this time, the Irish had nothing to do with it!

The Shoe In Your Face
Rating
I don't quite understand your question.
The last paragraph is very unclear. Do you mean that 10 years ago large numbers of immigrants somehow bought houses and never made a payment? This sounds a little strange and unlikely.

But what is causing the stock market to crash has nothing to do with immigration. This is caused by banks and other lending institutions getting too greedy and screwing up the financial markets. The stock market is reacting to this as well the fact that the consumer is out of credit lines on the house, no savings and high credit card debt.

Helen the Hellion
Rating
In these last several years when loaners would finance anybody, no need to state income just sign on the dotted line, I'm pretty sure there were tons of illegal immigrants buying up houses that they couldn't afford. I've been doing a lot of house hunting this past year, made offers on 3, and found that all 3, plus others I'd considered, were owned by Latinos and are now in foreclosure. So I'm sure these people have had a huge impact.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2010 FinancialCrisisForum Wednesday, August 20, 2014